MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Potention Security Error"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was just trying to add the following code to the "header" template when an error showed up saying "Potention Security Error detected by MyBB, please review changes or contact MyBB group for support."

<ul>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">User CP</a>
<ul>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=avatar">Change Avatar</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=editsig">Edit Signature</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=profile">Update Profile</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=options">Preferences</a></li>
</ul>
</li>
</ul>
Please post the entire template.
You're not using proper HTML, for one thing.

<ul>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php">User CP</a></li></ul>
<ul>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=avatar">Change Avatar</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=editsig">Edit Signature</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=profile">Update Profile</a></li>
<li><a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/usercp.php?action=options">Preferences</a></li>
</ul>
Yes post entire header because likely it's other code that's the issue.
Now you needn't worry since something weird fixer happened.

I proceeded without making any changes with the theme. After having completed the theme, I turned back to the template to take a last chance. And by surprise, it worked!