MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom banners in Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there,
I have seen various sites that have the same theme running throughout the site. I would quite like it, where if I click on a specific board it will have a new banner on it. Some sites have this; but I was wondering how you would go about this?
There might be an easier way to do this, but you could just duplicate your default theme, change the banner, and set that new theme to be the default for that forum. Smile
OK; what happens if all members are assigned to one theme? So that I set it as there default that is??
(2012-12-26, 04:10 PM)AURA Wrote: [ -> ]OK; what happens if all members are assigned to one theme? So that I set it as there default that is??
Yes, in the Forum Settings page for each forum you can designate the specific theme that should be used when users are browsing that particular forum. You can also choose to override any of your user's theme preferences when they are going to that forum as well.

If you are only looking to change a few things in each forum, you may be better off using Template Conditionals. For example if you only wanted the banner to change on a forum-by-forum basis, this might be an easier approach.
You could always do jQuery to change the banner since the fid would be encoded in the url.