MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating custom pages.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, so I was stuck on where to go at the point of wanting to add a custom page to my navigation bar:

[Image: 1FxuQ]

On the side where it says search, I would like to add a page which uses the forums theme and I would also like to add 3 more which contain no text, just images.

I imagine there will be a plugin of some sort do this where I can use Icons just like there is for Search and Memberlist.

What is the best way to go about this?
Thanks in advanced.
Go to Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Templates > YOUR TEMPLATE > Header Templates > header

The code for the links should be in the header template (depending on how your theme is setup). You can duplicate one of the "<li>" lines for another menu item.
Also, I'd just like to add that you could easily use the Help Docs to create a new page, instead of having to code one in PHP. Smile
(2012-12-26, 04:51 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Templates > YOUR TEMPLATE > Header Templates > header

The code for the links should be in the header template (depending on how your theme is setup). You can duplicate one of the "<li>" lines for another menu item.

(2012-12-26, 04:55 PM)pandaa Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'd just like to add that you could easily use the Help Docs to create a new page, instead of having to code one in PHP. Smile

Oops, sorry I think I misread the OP's question. Using the Help Docs is a really easy way, or else the Page Manager plugin has saved me a TON of time as well:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/page-manager
(2012-12-26, 04:55 PM)pandaa Wrote: [ -> ]Also, I'd just like to add that you could easily use the Help Docs to create a new page, instead of having to code one in PHP. Smile

(2012-12-26, 04:57 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-26, 04:51 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Go to Admin CP > Templates & Styles > Templates > YOUR TEMPLATE > Header Templates > header

Oops, sorry I think I misread the OP's question. Using the Help Docs is a really easy way, or else the Page Manager plugin has saved me a TON of time as well:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/page-manager

Thanks guys, I'll give it a go now.
If all goes well I'll make the thread as solved, if not I'll post back here shortly.