MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Optimization forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do I optimize the the so you have many visitors?
What I did was kill a query on search.php that gets the read status of threads. When you frequently have 200+ members online and well over 1 million posts on a forum you take care of, the read status of a thread on searches is nothing compared to the benefits you get in performance. Literally some searches used to take almost a minute, if not longer. With my change I did they are now just a few seconds. This also got the server load down for me from close to 20.0 to less than 1.0 most of the time.

One thing MyBB should do is separate the post table into two tables. One that has everything except the message and one with just pid and message. While smaller forums won't see much benefit from doing it, large ones could have big performance increases. Keep in mind you'd have to edit several files to make this work.

If you don't have any groups that you can make join requests for, you could kill a query in global.php for group leaders. While that won't affect it much, every little bit helps on big forums.