MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RSS Feed Poster via Cron Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to run the RSS Feed Poster postings from an Cron job, I have tried a several attempts but none worked.

The shell selection I am using is: /bin/sh

Below is my latest attempt:
php /bwennow.gm6.com/public_html/inc/tasks/rssfeedposter.php 13

This is the error I get:
Could not open input file: /bwennow.gm6.com/public_html/inc/tasks/rssfeedposter.php
even if you can get the permissions and PHP setup correct, you can't call a task file that that as it is missing all the dependencies and pre-loaded files MyBB requires.

is there a reason that running it as a task is not working for you? not enough traffic to trigger the task often enough?
I can goto the site repeatedly and the tasks does not do any thing it stays with the same next run dates, the only tasks that seem to do any thing is the mass mail and purge user task.

Further when I go to the site the ones sitting several day past there next run time, do not do anything, the only way I get the RSS Feed Poster to do its task is to do it manually. I do not see why they do not do at least an catchup on missed times.
is the task enabled? what are the task time settings for it?
The time settings for the RSS Poster is minutes=*, hours=*, days of month=*, weeks=every, months=every
Yes the task is enabled.
Within the RSS Feed Poster the time is set to 360 minute or 6 hour inervals.

Also the footer has the lines in it for the tasks to trigger.
The theme is: Striker Destiny
did you adjust the time it runs? the original task code is however many minutes you have specified.

is the task itself enabled in the task manager?
(2012-12-27, 07:22 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]did you adjust the time it runs? the original task code is however many minutes you have specified.

==================
The task is enabled.
The all * and every is the default that I got when I installed the RSS Feed Poster. At installation of the RSS Feed Poster it also did the install in the task manger. I had the hours set at one time to 6 hours until I noticed it was doing nothing then I set it back to the default so that I could see result quicker.

The six hours that is set within the RSS Feed Poster I also set, as this is set for each feed you setup. The six hours I am referring to is completely separate from the time setting in the task manger.

(2012-12-27, 08:27 PM)sitruc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-27, 07:22 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]did you adjust the time it runs? the original task code is however many minutes you have specified.

==================
The task is enabled.
The all * and every is the default that I got when I installed the RSS Feed Poster. At installation of the RSS Feed Poster it also did the install in the task manger. I had the hours set at one time to 6 hours until I noticed it was doing nothing then I set it back to the default so that I could see result quicker.

The six hours that is set within the RSS Feed Poster I also set, as this is set for each feed you setup. The six hours I am referring to is completely separate from the time setting in the task manger.
======================
I made changes to RSS Feed Poster 360 minute interval, down to the minimum value that is allowed of 5 minutes, with this change it updated for the first time on its own.
Now the setting for task manager are as stated earlier, with these settings I would think it would be updating constantly but it does not.