MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nocturnal Forums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey i just created a new forum site and wish to have members and post. I am looking into ways to get a free forum posting services to help jumpstart my forums. please swing by my site and check it out the url is

http://nocturnalforums.com/
Theme isn't too bad. I'm not keen on the logo, the font makes it harder to read. It would also be better if it was the same shade of green as the rest of the forum.

I'd advise adding some forum descriptions, and overall making it easier to understand what your forum's main niche is. I hear "nocturnal", I think "night", I visit the forum, I'm left baffled with the large amount of forums which could have anything to do with anything. Try to cut down on the amounts of forums. Start small and expand when needed.

The first forum on your community is "Request for new forum and category". As a potential member, I frankly don't find that in any way useful to me. If I was going to join your forum I'd want to see exactly what you have to offer. You don't even need a place to request a new forum as a forum should organically grow, not just exist and hope for people to post in it.
(2012-12-28, 05:25 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Theme isn't too bad. I'm not keen on the logo, the font makes it harder to read. It would also be better if it was the same shade of green as the rest of the forum.

I'd advise adding some forum descriptions, and overall making it easier to understand what your forum's main niche is. I hear "nocturnal", I think "night", I visit the forum, I'm left baffled with the large amount of forums which could have anything to do with anything. Try to cut down on the amounts of forums. Start small and expand when needed.

The first forum on your community is "Request for new forum and category". As a potential member, I frankly don't find that in any way useful to me. If I was going to join your forum I'd want to see exactly what you have to offer. You don't even need a place to request a new forum as a forum should organically grow, not just exist and hope for people to post in it.
thanks for the suggestions ill get to work on changing it around Smile
You've almost done every possible objective to destroy a forum's potential. If you want to be serious about your website, then I suggest you taking the following steps just as anybody would advise.

- Switch the theme to something more appealing and modern, simplistic or minimalism is the new norm
- Changing the logo, of course, to something more readable and basic
- Cut down on the number of forum sections and categories in half, it makes your forum inactive
- Add descriptions to your forum sections

Hope you consider these simple steps to avoid failure. Good luck.
(2012-12-28, 05:26 AM)trentenmarschel Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-28, 05:25 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Theme isn't too bad. I'm not keen on the logo, the font makes it harder to read. It would also be better if it was the same shade of green as the rest of the forum.

thanks for the suggestions ill get to work on changing it around Smile

ok ive changed the text color and cut many forums ill work on the logo some other time and the forum descriptions. also i kinda wanted this to be a general forum but i could change that. what would go with a night time theme pertaining to forums and topics i don't just wanna make a forum for what do u do at night. lol. u know what i mean as far as the media topics go those are things people do at night. but kinda stuck in a bind on the over all idea now.