MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I deleted some threads by mistake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trying to delete some posts full of spam, I ended up deleting the threads ... thinking I was only deleting the offending posts ... can I somehow recover these deleted threads??
Do you have a backup of the database?

If so, yes, you can.
If not, no, you can't.
(2012-12-28, 08:01 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a backup of the database?

If so, yes, you can.
If not, no, you can't.

I am not sure if I set up some automatic backup or not. Where can I find info on setting that up, please?
If you didn't set anything up personally, ask your host.
Also, check your forum's home directory, and see if there are any backups there.
You might also be interested in this plugin because it automatically creates a backup copy of any post that is deleted. It will not do it if you delete the forum however.
(2012-12-28, 02:09 PM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]If you didn't set anything up personally, ask your host.

Ok, I will check with them ... good idea!

(2012-12-28, 04:04 PM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You might also be interested in this plugin because it automatically creates a backup copy of any post that is deleted. It will not do it if you delete the forum however.

Excellent idea! I just downloaded this plugin but I am not sure how to install it ... can you help?