MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mod Question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well, this is a question about mods. I made someone a mod and I want them to be able to take care of a forum and can't touch other forums. That means, If i was the mod and there was 2 forums. I want them to be able to be a mod of Forum 1 but not Forum 2. Is that possible?
Yeah, create a new usergroup, go to the forum in the ACP you want to have them moderate, and add that usergroup. Or you can just add them as a moderator, but I prefer the usergroup method.
If I add them as mods. Will they be able to go to a different forum and delete a thread there? I just want them to have power in one forum and no power in another.
If the usergroup has the permission is super moderator they can so make sure that option isn't checked if you use the usergroup method. If you just use the username method instead, you don't have to worry about that.
No. What I mean is, that they are mods of one forum and not of another. I already tried putting the name in and I told him to make a topic in another forum. HE did it and deleted it. I want him to be a registered user in another forum.
By default registered users can delete their own posts and threads. You need to use forum permisions if you don't want them to be able to delete their own posts or threads.
You still dont get me? I want only that person not to be able to delete any threads made in another forum. Basically they are almost like admins in one forum but, when they click on another one they are just registered people.
You need to fix default registered permissions, because everyone can currently delete their threads/posts. What I suggested earlier should work.
I already did that and I decided to make two groups of mod. I made each group in charge on one forum but, my friend can still delete a thread from a different forum.
Why not, instead of adding them to a group, go into the settings of that specific forum and add a single user to it.

http://i.imgur.com/l0VXT.png
Pages: 1 2