MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change the thread on/off/offlock images.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to change the on/off/offlock images in the forums, just for each thread not for each forum.
I don't quite know how to do it. I've tried changing the images in the image forum (I may be doing it wrong, can someone give me a step by step?)

Or is there a plugin? That would be awesome.
I like plugins.
Are you talking about this:

[Image: 09Uwz.png]

If so, you need to replace that file with the new image.

Needs to be same file name and extension unless you modify it through templates.
The on/off/offlock images can just be replaced in your theme's image folder with new ones.
Theme image folder? Is that in the FTP?
All I see for that is an Image folder for the entire site.
There is a plugin for what you are looking. It's not changing the on/off/lock icons, but called forum icons. Search for a plugin called "Forum Icons". If you want to remove the on/off/lock icons, search for a tutorial, there is one made on this site which I used long time ago.
I want to switch the icons with ones that I've made, not remove them entirely, but i'll take a look at that plugin. =3 Thank you
If you would like to replace the on/off/lock icons with the ones you made, just simply overwrite the files, else if you want to have a specific icon for each forum, you will have to use the forum icons plugin.
Its not working. :| i think i'm doing something wrong.
I've removed the original on/off/offlock image files and uploaded my own of the same name, and my threads are still showing the old images.
i might just say forget it xD Something so simple is being so complicated
If you have changed the images but still see the old ones then empty you're cache.
Have you tried to clear your cache/cookies? Also, make sure that the format of the image stays the same. If the old ones were .png for example, new ones must be .png or you'll have to do template edits.