MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Portal Blocks individual backgrounds
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to add a individual Background image to a Portal Block, for example in Latest Threads block.

For other, custom created blocks, changing the background was easy. However with a standard block its not. I created a new class in the .css for the custom blocks to have background changes.

But in the portal_latestthreads_thread template, there is only one Table class I find and that I don't find anywhere in the .CSS. Its called:

<td class="{$altbg}">

In portal.php it refers to alt_trow but unless I am either blind or too stupid, there is no alt_trow class in the .css. And I dont find anymore about that in the portal.

Does anyone know where I find that so I have an idea how to change the background for a standard Portal Block ? Any help is appreciated.

Wolfseye
Just change the class to whatever you want. That {$altbg} gives the zebra stripe effect, alternating trow1 and trow2.
So you mean just change {$altbg} to a new class I created in the .css ? Because I did that already. What happend is that the whole block just became black. The font was still under there but you couldn't see it since the color of the background became black, just as the links are on my site.

Or do I also have to change things in the portal.php ? Since there {$altbg} is refered to as alt_trow ? So where do I change it now ? Both .css and portal.php ?

Line 324
$altbg = alt_trow();

Line 363
$altbg = alt_trow();
Just in the template and the css. You should not need to change the php file.

Look in the portal templates for your theme.
Thank you Lee. Wink