MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: anyway to make mybb act like ipb?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
by this, i mean when you copy a thread on IPB and paste it onto another IPB thread, they stay and look the same without needing any img tags, is there a way to make this happen with mybb? meaning copying a IPB thread then pasting it on a mybb thread and making the design look the same?
You can co this by quoting a post and getting the formatting from that and pasting it. Do you mean something like copying the output of the page and then posting as text? If so I don't know of any p,ugins or tutorials that let you do this.
(2012-12-30, 08:06 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]You can co this by quoting a post and getting the formatting from that and pasting it. Do you mean something like copying the output of the page and then posting as text? If so I don't know of any p,ugins or tutorials that let you do this.

i've tried, but some threads have bullet points and links, and they don't show up when pasted on MyBB
This is from IPB to MyBB? What I said should work if it is a MyBB post to another MyBB post.
(2012-12-30, 08:30 PM)JordanMussi Wrote: [ -> ]This is from IPB to MyBB? What I said should work if it is a MyBB post to another MyBB post.

no, an IPB post to MyBB
Ah well I have no experience with IPB. But I understand what you want but I don't think there is a way to this at the moment with MyBB.
There is no way to do this with the standard editor as it is not a WYSIWYG editor. You may be able to do it with one of the few WYSIWYG editor plugins on the mods site though.
I have just found this: http://community.mybb.com/thread-96862.html it might be what you are looking for.