MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Another Sidebox Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know there are already quite a few out there, but a quick look at the GitHub repo for this project and you may feel like I do that this is something a bit different.

https://github.com/WildcardSearch/Advanced-Sidebox/wiki

The process has been simplified in terms of managing boxes on your forum and much greater control has been given to the administrator concerning where the boxes display and even allows disabling for particular themes. (I disable mine for GoMobile).

I have been using this plugin at the verious stages of development for over one year and have found it to be stable and very handy. So I have uploaded it to the mods site and it is now awaiting validation.

A Sneak Peak
The Main ACP Page for Advanced Sidebox
[Image: ss_ACP_2_zps254c6381.gif]

Until then you can download it from GitHub and check it out. If you have time, please answer a few questions please . . .
  • Do you think this plugin is worthwhile in general?

• What features would make it better?

• What other sidebox types would you like to see?

• and finally, (for developers) look at the extensibility wiki on GitHub and give me your opinion on the process (and the document itself if you have comments)

Any advice or feedback would be greatly appreciated.
I'm having issues styling this. Is there a way to access the module's templates?
Each side box has a unique id, CSS class name and name attributes-- it should be possible to examine the output of the page and create CSS to style the elements.