MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User profiles, have any suggestions?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to think of some things to add to user profiles specifically user interactive plugins. I've done thought of a few but after 25 minutes of ransacking through the mods page I haven't really found anything that caught my eye... thanks.
Popular ones are profile comments,profile visitors and twitter. All in the mods area.
(2012-12-31, 09:27 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Popular ones are profile comments,profile visitors and twitter. All in the mods area.
Thanks Leefish. I currently have profile comments. I'm going to check out Twitter and profile visitors. Big Grin
While I promote the method of dressing up your profile (adding avatars, filling out custom fields and so on), I still need the forum to be the main course. The problem with focusing too much on the profile features it that you may make your forum more like Facebook than a forum. If you make the profiles too cool, then more people will want to use the profile more than the forum. I would focus more on getting the forum better. Personally. My 2 cents. Smile
All good points from Shawn - a profile should be available to a user as a personal space - but unless your forum is huge and you can afford that kind of fragmentation then focus on forum posts.

Things that show forum posts and activity on profiles is fine in my opinion as that might encourage users to be active on the forum to get activity on profile.
You can remove information from your postbit that may be accessible in profiles (unnecessary data most of it).

I.e: Awards, reputation count, post count, achievements, comments, visits, buddies, profile fields, etc.