MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: This should give a nice boost to myBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It seems mkportal wants to drop ipb 1.3 for mybb and it looks as if they have already begun.
I for one cant wait as it will help make my forum and website complete!

They are still doing a vote on whether or not to continue with working on mybb. Hopefully all here will go visit there and vote.

http://deadconnect.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=9

Sorry if it seems like i am spamming but i really want that portal of thiers to work with my mybb forum. And i believe it really will help give MyBB some well deserved attention.
Voted! It will be nice to have a portal that works with MyBB. Smile
Christian Wrote:Voted! It will be nice to have a portal that works with MyBB. Smile

The best thing about that is that it comes with it's own blogging system and Gallery which ties directly into your forum sorta like IPBs does. That avoids having to add a seperate gallery or blogs and having to get your members to register there as well.
OMG...I have used MKPortal in the past and it was GREAT. I of course had to use it for IPB (which wasn't so great).

This is incredibly good news.
yes, this is a good addition to any myBB forum software...cant wait!
This will be great for MyBBT, as we were gonna develop our own portal for it, but if they come out with this we'll probably use it.
Ryan Ashbrook Wrote:This will be great for MyBBT, as we were gonna develop our own portal for it, but if they come out with this we'll probably use it.
You should still develop a portal for MyBB, though, since I prefer using official first-party scripts whenever possible.
I don't believe they will release it if they make one, this is for MyBB templates, not MyBB official page.
Well Meo the person that started that thread appears to be a MKportal team member. I do believe they are talking about dropping IPB (which they should) in favor of Mybb. The old 1.3.1 support for IPB is almost nothing now. The free alternatives are getting narrowing. SMF is imho terrible. PHPBB can't pulll their beta heads out of their butts. Punbb is too lightweight. IPB isn't free anymore and 1.3.1 is exploited into never never land. So that leave mybb imho simply because of the teams strong support of the project and it's constant growth.

[APPLAUSE HERE]
labrocca Wrote:Well Meo the person that started that thread appears to be a MKportal team member.

You are wrong.
Meo is the Mkportal creator and author, not a team member.
Pages: 1 2