MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display problem in Admin control panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After working out some install problems I now have my forum up and running. However I have a problem with the Admin Control Panel. The first screen (the main index) seems to be missing all the labels and some graphics. It looks like it's functional, because clicking on an area where there should be a link DOES do the navigation to that link's destination. It's like having a whole bunch of buttons with no labels on them. Some other parts of the Admin control panel are correct. And some have just parts of the graphics or field/button labels missing.

I've tried to install this now three times and keep having this same problem. I'm pretty sure the entire remainder of the forum is functioning just fine. The problems are only in the admin's control panel.

I've attached a screen capture of the admin control panel as it looks in my forum.
missing language files most likely
(2012-12-31, 10:13 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]missing language files most likely

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I checked this folder on my server .....

/public/forum/inc/languages/english

and compared it to the original files and folders in the "upload" folder on my local PC. Found about a dozen files were missing from the original (upload) folder. I used my FTP client to copy the missing files to the forum and voila ... everything looks fine now.

Something must have happened with some of the files when I did my original upload.

Thanks .. Rich
(2012-12-31, 10:41 PM)Rich A Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-12-31, 10:13 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]missing language files most likely

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I checked this folder on my server .....

and compared it to the original files and folders in the "upload" folder on my local PC. Found about a dozen files were missing from the original (upload) folder. I used my FTP client to copy the missing files to the forum and voila ... everything looks fine now.

Something must have happened with some of the files when I did my original upload.

Thanks .. Rich

hmmmm, i cant fix this same problem! HELP! I tried reup all the english files....
(2013-01-04, 04:34 PM)lxgoffxi Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks .. Rich

hmmmm, i cant fix this same problem! HELP! I tried reup all the english files....

Look at the attachment to my #1 post above. Is that what your main admin panel looks like? I found this by going to my original <upload> folder on my local PC and comparing various folders there with their counterparts on the forum server. As I noted, I found one folder that obviously didn't have "all" the files copied. There was a different file count between the two. I'm only a newbie here, but I'm learning a little more every day. Recheck all the permissions. Maybe some of the replacement files that you uploaded are ones that have to have their permissions reset ( 666 777 ) etc.
(2013-01-05, 01:44 AM)Rich A Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-04, 04:34 PM)lxgoffxi Wrote: [ -> ]

Thanks .. Rich

Look at the attachment to my #1 post above. Is that what your main admin panel looks like? I found this by going to my original <upload> folder on my local PC and comparing various folders there with their counterparts on the forum server. As I noted, I found one folder that obviously didn't have "all" the files copied. There was a different file count between the two. I'm only a newbie here, but I'm learning a little more every day. Recheck all the permissions. Maybe some of the replacement files that you uploaded are ones that have to have their permissions reset ( 666 777 ) etc.

I had to 777 the admin folder...thanks fixed