MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1146 datacache doesn't exist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This morning I created a backup of my forum database. I deleted the old forum files and installed the new version. So this would be considered a new installation. I uploaded the old database by using bigdump since the database was too big for a direct upload. Configured the config file. Since then I get an error message:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'xxxxxx_mybb3.mybb_datacache' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT title,cache FROM mybb_datacache

I checked for spelling errors and did not notice anything. What is more interesting is that the table that is not supposed to be there is actually there. I compared the datacache for the old and new database and these are practically the same. I am out of ideas.

I have searched the forum extensively for resolution and none of the suggestions helped. I have contacted my hosting company and they had no clue.

http://dentalimplant411.com/chatroom/

Please help.
If it says the table doesn't exist, then chances are it actually does not exist. So you should assume it doesn't exist and act accordingly.

Do you have multiple databases, did you perhaps restore the tables to a different database, e.g. you may have a jwozni2_mybb2.mybb_datacache but no jwozni2_mybb3.mybb_datacache? In that case you'd have to change your inc/config.php to make it look in the correct database.
(2013-01-01, 03:15 AM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]If it says the table doesn't exist, then chances are it actually does not exist. So you should assume it doesn't exist and act accordingly.

Do you have multiple databases, did you perhaps restore the tables to a different database, e.g. you may have a jwozni2_mybb2.mybb_datacache but no jwozni2_mybb3.mybb_datacache? In that case you'd have to change your inc/config.php to make it look in the correct database.

datacache is number 15th on the list. I have 26 tables in it. I do have multiple databases, I went over them again and everything matches up accordingly. Are there files other than 'config' that might need to be modified?

All I really need is to bring all the posts and the forums back like they were in the previous version. Can I copy couple off tables and achieve this result? If so what do i need to copy?

Thanks