MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Language not installed problem.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I was trying to install MyBB 1.6.9 on my LAMP server. Everything went smooth except after finishing installation I got this error "Language english (/var/www/inc/languages/english) is not installed"

The documentation said the CHMOD of the language directory was optional so I didn't do it. After I got this error, I CHMOD all files(inc/languages/english) to 666 but that didn't solve the problem. Then I googled a bit and found this thread http://community.mybb.com/thread-48856.html and did exactly what was suggested here. Sadly that didn't solve the problem either. So, is there any way to fix this without having to reinstall again?

Thanks and Regards.
Reupload /inc/languages/english from a fresh package.
(2013-01-01, 02:39 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Reupload /inc/languages/english from a fresh package.
And then CHMOD the files to 666? I just did and it didn't work Sad I deleted the languages directory and reuploaded it and chmod all files and directories of english lanuage.

Well, since there was no response I went ahead with a fresh install. Only this time I chmod the language directories before installing and it worked like a charm.