MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: html tables into mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
how would you convert html tables into mysql tables, suppose I have a html table having 3 columns and 100 rows. I want to store it in mysql in 3 fields with 100 records. How can I do this with instantly
I suppose it's possible but there isn't any ready made way of doing this(that I know of). You would need a custom made script/program.
(2013-01-01, 07:35 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose it's possible but there isn't any ready made way of doing this(that I know of). You would need a custom made script/program.

:'( custom made script means lot of typing and I hate that part of coding Sad(
It will be less than a query for a 100 records.
Get ready for some serious regex. Why do you want to do this though? If you just want an easy way to insert lots of prototype data, use a MySQL GUI like phpMyAdmin.
(2013-01-01, 07:49 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Get ready for some serious regex.

Ugly. Regexes can be absolute pains in the lime.
(2013-01-01, 07:42 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]It will be less than a query for a 100 records.

Means ?

(2013-01-01, 07:49 PM)CAwesome Wrote: [ -> ]Get ready for some serious regex. Why do you want to do this though? If you just want an easy
way to insert lots of prototype data, use a MySQL GUI like phpMyAdmin.

Can you add 100 records from phpmyadmin ? after every 2 days ?
I mean a script will be a lot shorter than writing a query to put the data in.
(2013-01-03, 06:07 AM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]I mean a script will be a lot shorter than writing a query to put the data in.

Yes I am on it, I was looking for a one click option just upload file, and it will auto make new table with column name as fields etc
(2013-01-03, 06:13 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]and it will auto make new table with column name as fields etc

If that's the type of database you're after, maybe your site would be better off with MongoDB, which doesn't follow a "table" system as much as a tree of arrays.