MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: To run a forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Running a forum isn't an easy thing to do and I know people are always looking for help on certain areas. I am doing some research for a new website I am working on and would like to know:

What area did you find hardest when running your forum?

Is there something you would like to learn more about? Ex. Attracting members, SEO, Themeing etc.

What would you pay for this information and how would you want it presented? Ex. E-book, Newsletters, Blog style

Thanks!
What area did you find hardest when running your forum? Lack of funds to fund the ideas I had. I guess that counts?

Is there something you would like to learn more about? PHP probably.

What would you pay for this information and how would you want it presented? Nothing, and I would probably prefer learning through books, google searches and trial & error.
(2013-01-01, 09:53 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Running a forum isn't an easy thing to do and I know people are always looking for help on certain areas. I am doing some research for a new website I am working on and would like to know:

What area did you find hardest when running your forum?

At first, it was getting members to be as active as I can be. I had issues with that but eventually decided that it wasn't that important because I didn't want to make it look like I was pushing people to be active.

I do however have a better tactic on turning inactive members into active members. Common Sense Wink Befriend your members, develop a very good relationship, talk to them often and talk to them about what they like and then watch the posts flow it. People want to be around people they like. So that is what the goal is here, no?

Quote:Is there something you would like to learn more about? Ex. Attracting members, SEO, Themeing etc.

The thing I want to know more about is how we can improve seeing the invisible on a message forum. I mean emotions and feelings. When a member says something, we really have no way of telling if they are saying something out of anger or if they just have a dry sense of humor. Sure you have smilies but that is not enough. I am interested in learning more about the psychology of forum members.

Quote:What would you pay for this information and how would you want it presented? Ex. E-book, Newsletters, Blog style

Thanks!

Why bother paying? You can get most of what you suggested for free on the internet Smile