MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users not getting confirmation e-mail.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. I've been getting lots of complaints from my users that they aren't getting the confirmation e-mail to activate their account after registering.

I use gmail SMTP because I don't have much of a choice. It worked great at the start but has recently started acting odd.

I have the latest version of MyBB (updated two days ago).

The website is lifepunch.net/forums

I realise this may not be a MyBB issue as much as it is a Gmail issue, but I was wondering if anyone had experienced something similar and may provide some insight?
Have you tried registering yourself and seeing if you get an email!
Try this test: http://docs.mybb.com/Help-Mail.html

If it doesn't send an email than it would be your host issue. You would have to contact them inorder to resolve.
I've noticed email issues sporadically over the past few months, and I know my config is correct because I've tested it before.
(2013-01-02, 01:11 AM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried registering yourself and seeing if you get an email!

Yeah, at first I wouldn't get it, then I'd request it again through the feature and I'd get it. It's very strange and sporadic.
I'm legitimately getting desperate over this, registration e-mails aren't being sent.. Gmail's SMTP is playing mean tricks on me.

If anyone has any insight at all I would be endlessly thankful.
Hi,

Has this issue been addressed. I have noticed no one activating their accounts since the 1.6.10 upgrade . I registered an account myself and never received an activation email nor have some/all new registered users. I just had a user check their spam folder (email) and it's not there either.

The setting are set to send an activation email.

- Rich -

And I should add it had been working. I just tried to register using a separate Gmail account and still no activation emails.