MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Requiring admin verification for new registrations
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sure this must be a built in feature but I can't find anything about it in the MyBB docs. I've searched here but can only find many posts dealing with automatic registration applications dealing with spammers etc.

I want to have something like this.

A new user fills out the normal registration, at which point he is given a small message telling him that he can now browse the forums, but won't be able to post until his account has been activated by a moderator or admin.

In other words a "closed BBS". I was pretty sure I saw something in the docs about this. But can't find it. Huh

- Rich
Admin CP -> Settings -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method -> Administrator Activation Smile
(2013-01-02, 02:34 AM)Jordan L. Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP -> Settings -> User Registration and Profile Options -> Registration Method -> Administrator Activation Smile

Ah .. I found it ... Actually you have to have "Disable Registration" set to NO in order for the "registration method option" to even show up in the list. That's why I couldn't find it.

But after activating it, I think it is not what I'm looking for. I've been browsing all the plug-ins, etc. and have not anything like this:

Normally a "guest" can browse the forum .. but can not post at all. That's fine. BUT if the guest wants to register, the way it works now, he is simply given a one line message basically saying the forum is closed to him with no other instructions or recourse.

I want the registration process to accept and hold his registration information until a moderator can verify and add him to the registered users.

We don't anticipate a large number of users, so having a few moderators check daily for new users wouldn't be a problem. And it would eliminate the spam bots and bogus user registrations. The board would be open to "guests" who could browse and find information on how to become a registered user. ie fill out the normal reg. form to be submitted for approval.

- Rich