MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Blog Advertiser - Bringing the Blog Community to life!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Image: BlogAdvertiser468x60.png]

Welcome to Blog Advertiser! We are glad you have found your way here during these dark winter months and we hope we can bring you some joy and warmth during those cold nights.

Daniel and I are the co-owners of Blog Advertiser. We opened this forum as we saw a real need for quality advertising space and discussion for blogs. There are hundreds of forum promotion forums out there, but how many blog promotion forums have you seen?

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time here with us and Daniel and I would both like to wish you a Happy New Year. May 2013 be a great year for bloggers!

http://www.blogadvertiser.net
Nice looking forum Smile Theme looks good, logo looks good, not too many boards. I like the niche, too! Good job!
Thanks Shawn, looking forward to seeing you there Smile
The theme looks good,Good work on it.
But the single color looks monotonous and padding needs to be reduced a bit.
Also the footer looks empty, may be i think you have reserved it for ads.
Over all good work, needs to polish a bit,
Good luck,
regards
Thanks for your feedback. The single colouring is something we feel works as it as a very subtle feel to the design, although we do add more colour with ad banners and such. Many of our users will have images in their signatures, which we feel will be enough colour to contrast the forum.

The padding I don't see an issue with, it is more of a preference thing. The footer has content to come, we haven't quite decided what to put there yet.

The theme has completely customised User CP and Profiles too which we would love feedback on!
Banner doesn't add color, it adds a random image that doesn't even look like it has anything to do with blogging. Using sigs as an excuse for not having color is a bit funny - I barely notice them unless they are gifs or really good.

I think your padding is alright but your login, seriously? It's not even centered, it's super misaligned. Your theme is bland, has no color to contrast -if the color was a VIBRANT shade of another dark color it would make it look a bit livelier. Your showthread is a mess imho - so...horribly plain. Those 1px lines ruin it, and the fact that the forum jump, search etc style is default don't go well with your theme. Your buttons, though, do need more padding. The footer - looks like a huge blank space, unless you're planning to add ads down there... why? It doesn't help the design since it's blank. Your User CP just looks like removed the sidebar and made it a DIV under the user stats, same with the profiles nothing too interesting but a nice change.
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Banner doesn't add color, it adds a random image that doesn't even look like it has anything to do with blogging.
Celebrating the new year may not have anything to do with blogging, but it is a temporary image that shows we are keeping the forum update and with the times Wink
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Using sigs as an excuse for not having color is a bit funny - I barely notice them unless they are gifs or really good.
Not really an excuse, it is the way we are doing things. I accept that you don't like it, but everyone is different.
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]I think your padding is alright
Thank you
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]but your login, seriously? It's not even centered, it's super misaligned. Your theme is bland, has no color to contrast -if the color was a VIBRANT shade of another dark color it would make it look a bit livelier.
Again, a matter of taste. Our members love it, which for me actually the main thing. We can't all use the style Audentio uses, then the world would be boring. People have different ways of designing and things turn out differently in different peoples minds. I respect your opinions though, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Your showthread is a mess imho - so...horribly plain. Those 1px lines ruin it, and the fact that the forum jump, search etc style is default don't go well with your theme.
I agree with you here, this is something I must play around with more and work on. Do you have any suggestions for it?

(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Your buttons, though, do need more padding.
Perhaps...
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]The footer - looks like a huge blank space, unless you're planning to add ads down there... why? It doesn't help the design since it's blank.
As mentioned above, this is still being worked on.
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Your User CP just looks like removed the sidebar and made it a DIV under the user stats, same with the profiles nothing too interesting but a nice change.
It works though and is very stylish. The profiles have actually changed quite a bit, both with information and layout.
lol at the Private Messages link when you're not logged in

The login form isn't a matter of taste, it's really bad. It actually moves after you click the link, and there's no label or anything. Not very user friendly.

The thread display is maybe the worst I've seen, no boxes, just black lines everywhere, I can't tell where anything ends or begins.
(2013-01-02, 04:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]lol at the Private Messages link when you're not logged in

The login form isn't a matter of taste, it's really bad. It actually moves after you click the link, and there's no label or anything. Not very user friendly.
ยจ

I really don't see the issue. You click the login link, the box moves to the center, which looks fine. The username box has a username tag in it, you can clearly see you should enter your username. The next box signals simply that you should add a password and then you press login. What is the issue?
(2013-01-02, 04:13 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]The thread display is maybe the worst I've seen, no boxes, just black lines everywhere, I can't tell where anything ends or begins.

As stated above, I agree with FMB and will be working on these.
(2013-01-02, 04:06 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Celebrating the new year may not have anything to do with blogging, but it is a temporary image that shows we are keeping the forum update and with the times Wink
It's not keeping up with times, keeping up with times is your forum being a very modern and stylish forum which it isn't, align:center; is outdated.

(2013-01-02, 04:06 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Not really an excuse, it is the way we are doing things. I accept that you don't like it, but everyone is different.

Another excuse to be lazy and ignore people's comment on your design.

(2013-01-02, 04:06 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]Again, a matter of taste. Our members love it, which for me actually the main thing. We can't all use the style Audentio uses, then the world would be boring. People have different ways of designing and things turn out differently in different peoples minds. I respect your opinions though, but I don't see anything wrong with it.

Lol, no. It's not a matter of taste, that's bad design, the alignment is COMPLETELY off - it looks that way because you have form alements on the left while only text on the right. Aligned to the left would be a better choice design wise. Don't bring Audentio to the matter when I am speaking as FMB, not Audentio. I find it silly that people bring up the fact that I work at Audentio so all my critique it's because "it's not as good as Audentio" when I critique because I know what I am taking about and have experience on it, not because of where I work at. (and this is for everyone who quickly assumes that just because I give critique it's because I compare people to Audentio)

(2013-01-02, 04:06 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]I agree with you here, this is something I must play around with more and work on. Do you have any suggestions for it?
Take the 1px lines off, or dim them (make them a shade of off white, sort of grayish) but completely taking them out is a better option. Fixing the buttons and the other parts will help.

(2013-01-02, 04:06 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Your buttons, though, do need more padding.
Perhaps...
Not "Perhaps..." You do.

(2013-01-02, 04:06 PM)Tindris Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-02, 02:43 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Your User CP just looks like removed the sidebar and made it a DIV under the user stats, same with the profiles nothing too interesting but a nice change.
It works though and is very stylish. The profiles have actually changed quite a bit, both with information and layout.
No, sorry it's not "stylish" looks boring and your focus is taken away - your design pretty much has no "guides" to direct people to the important things, as bad styling as it is with the fam fam icons, the normal UserCP lets you visually identify where you need to go, your design does not. It's completely plain.
Pages: 1 2 3 4