MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does MyBB have the same "Permalink" feature that VB has?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In VB there is a feature I've seen where every post has an actual Permalink, which is a link dedicated just to that individual post in the sense that when you go to that link ONLY that post opens on your screen.

It would be like if I could give you a link that ONLY opens the 5th post in this thread... but NO other posts show above or below it. The single post is its own web page.

It's not the jumping link that takes your screen straight to a specific post in a full thread.

Does MyBB do this, and if so, how do I activate it?
MyBB does not have this feature as far as I know. The closest thing we have is the jump to post feature.
You could always make a file for this. You just need to have pid be parameter in the url. Something like this could work:

<?php
define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once "global.php";
if(!isset($_REQUEST['pid'])) {
error("No post given.");
}
$pid = intval($_REQUEST['pid']);
$query = $db->simple_select("posts", "*", "pid=$pid");
$post = $db->fetch_array($query);
eval("\$postpage = \"".$templates->get("postbit")."\";");
output_page("$postpage");
?>

Note that the code above does not check if the person actually has permission to view the post.
There's the threaded mode, which comes close in that it only displays one post (and a tree of reply subjects):

http://community.mybb.com/showthread.php...e=threaded