MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Few Questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright guys.. i got my forum running on my website. THis software rocks and is one of the easiest to use and is awesome.

I have 2 questions though

1. how do i lock a forum? this forum has my welcome msg and i dont want anyone to post in there. How do i lock it where the lock sign and the forum button is in red??

2. When i click to reply on a post - the previous post is shown as a text. how can i stop that from happening?

Hope some1 can help me out

cheers

Sunny
sunny441 Wrote:2. When i click to reply on a post - the previous post is shown as a text. how can i stop that from happening?

I guess that's when you click "Reply" under the post. You can remove the button by going to:
Admin CP --> Templates --> Modify/Delete --> Expand your template set --> Post Bit Templates --> postbit
Find and remove:
{$post['button_quote']}
Or quite simply if you click the "New Reply" button at the bottom of the thread instead of the "Reply" button that you are currently clicking, which is the reply button which quotes, you can prevent this from happening.