MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fake Online User?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First and very first, yes, I know that it looks like… cheating Big Grin

But, you know, the fact is there is not much forum have a lot of member, specially education forum in a playboy-city Smile

There are always a lot of reason for it. One of them is our forum is new. They want to see a forum who have a lot of member online.

Well, so I’m here, hope to find a solution for… well, I think there are many people who want it as I did, a Fake Online Member.

I know there is a plugin out there called Fake Who’s Online, but even a paid member of his site said that the plugin really not well and may destroy your database, so I think it’s too dangerous to use that.
So, I think we should think about a solution that more technical than that. It means maybe, we should fix some code in Online (.php?) like:
Real Online User + random or fixed number,
Real Hidden User + random or fixed,
Real Guests Online + random or fixed number.
Just to show it into Who’s Online place.

I think it will be hard for us, who just user of a very great source, mybb. But I think with magnificent skills of Mybb suppoter, it may not be too hard.

So, if you don’t mind, please help me to solve this problem Smile
Thank you so much.
It also looks bad when there are a bunch of users online and none of them are posting. But, here ya go http://yaldaram.com/showthread.php?tid=619
I fount that site already, Yaldaram's work is very great, but it is a paid plugin and some people who is paid member of his site said that It's really too dangerous plugin. It confuse me badly Sad

So, I think a solution with fix some code like plus some fixed or random number may be more safety?
Rather than wasting time with such a plugin, I would suggest using the same time creating content for your site. Users aren't nearly as important as content.

Create some fake users and post on their behalf. You can even enable Chrome so that each fake user has their own "Chrome Interface", allowing more than one user logged in at once.
(2013-01-03, 02:20 AM)Kodaks Wrote: [ -> ]Rather than wasting time with such a plugin, I would suggest using the same time creating content for your site. Users aren't nearly as important as content.

Create some fake users and post on their behalf. You can even enable Chrome so that each fake user has their own "Chrome Interface", allowing more than one user logged in at once.

I think it depend in what kind of forum that you used. Let me give you an example:

- A forum who not let user created a thread, they look like some kind of text game, when people who really don't know how much people play with them, but they still play because they think there is alot of guy out there. So this plugin will be very important.

Well, there is nothing called perfect. With diffirent ideas, different ways to use a plugin, we could make it useful or not.

Like in some poor country, which rich country called "trash", they called "food". It's the same here. This plugin in normal forum maybe really bad and have no mean at all, but in different forum, which have diffirent structure, it may be best!

And what I hope to see here is not a completely fake user, just plus some more user, may be guest or hidden user, it's not harm anyone Smile