MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to return myself to Admin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
HI i created Jsourcegen.net
anyways trying to get it set up an everything i believed i did a mistake.

I was trying to see the colors for the groups since i dont have any members yet.

I changed myself from Admin to Super Moderator to see if the purple showed up on the name but was kicked out of the CP. Im curious how can i get back in there to change myself into an Admin.

Please anything is helpful thanks
I think there's no way to get back in
(2013-01-03, 05:35 AM)chillforumsx Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's no way to get back in

would i have to reinstall the whole mybb again?
No, there is an easy way to do this. DO NOT REINSTALL.

It's an easy fix:
http://community.mybb.com/thread-112499-...#pid818188
(2013-01-03, 05:36 AM)JSourceGen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-03, 05:35 AM)chillforumsx Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's no way to get back in

There's always a way around.

First what you want to check is your config.php file and confirm that you are the super admin.

Now go into PHPMYADMIN>MyBB_users or w.e your users table is>Edit your username>find usergroup>change the number in the input box to 4.

4 because the Admin usergroup ID # is 4. I believe the s.mod usergroup ID # is 3 so you have to replace the 3 with the 4 then save it.
(2013-01-03, 05:55 AM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]

First what you want to check is your config.php file and confirm that you are the super admin.

Now go into PHPMYADMIN>MyBB_users or w.e your users table is>Edit your username>find usergroup>change the number in the input box to 4.

4 because the Admin usergroup ID # is 4. I believe the s.mod usergroup ID # is 3 so you have to replace the 3 with the 4 then save it.

okay thanks put everytime i try editing my file from the filezilla or when i try moving them into my desktop it prompts a folder instead of the php file.
(2013-01-03, 06:11 AM)JSourceGen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-03, 05:55 AM)kamz89 Wrote: [ -> ]

okay thanks put everytime i try editing my file from the filezilla or when i try moving them into my desktop it prompts a folder instead of the php file.

Don't worry about the config, I'm sure no one changed it unless you were hacked. Just do the PHPMYADMIN thing.