MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: where i can edit "the post was last edited by user" where i find this
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
pls help me where i find this option to edit
If you want to edit the message, it's in inc/languages/global.lang.php, just search for $l['postbit_edited'].

Otherwise if you just want to remove the message entirely, go into ACP > Settings > Posting > Select 'off' for Show 'edited by' Messages.
thanks
Is it possible to:

take this option OFF (remove visibility) if the Admin/Mod edited a post
BUT
leave the option ON (keep the "the post was last edited by user" present) if the post was edited by a normal board member

?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: There is this: Admin CP> board settings> change> posting> Show 'edited by' Message for Forum Staff>no

However

1] That only applies to Admins who edit their own post. If an Admin edits another post I believe the comment still appears.
2] It will not affect posted already made/edited. Is there a way to affect them too?
Check your templates,
ACP -> Templates and Styles -> (Left Menu) Templates -> "Your Theme" -> Post Bit Templates -> postbit_editedby

Remove:
{$post['editnote']} {$post['editedprofilelink']}.

And you should be set.
Thank Skorm92 - it's a little ambiguous, does your tip address point 1] in my post above? To be clear I would still like the edit remark to appear if a normal/registered user edits his or her post. I would just prefer it not to appear if an Admin edits his/her post or indeed the post of a normal/registered member.

I am pretty much accepting that point 2] is not really doable.
Ooh, I missread that. My apologies.

And you will need (if any) a plugin for that.
I only now how to hide certain parts for usergroups by hardcoding it into your templates and css.

But not specificly on how you wish it.

Good luck!
Damn! Thanks for attempting to help anyway.

Anyone else have any ideas?
I guess nobody really has a requirement or desire around this?

At the moment a very cumbersome workaround is to dip into the database and remove the value in the lastedit field for a given threat/post. Obviously as and when the database grows this won't really be feasible...