MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I merge my database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How do you merge a database so i can add my users from my other forum?
I'm sorry I don't get it, can you install it to my ftp?
It's simple, upload the merge folder to your root of your forum and then go to site.com/merge.

Enter the DB name, DB username and password of the site you want to merge along with what kind MySQL you use such as MySQL, MySQL Improved etc. You can find out what you use by logging into your ACP, the box where it shows your active members, current version, site load etc it should show what you are using.

After that it will ask what you want to merge. Options include posts, polls, threads etc. I would merge everything except settings.
what host name do i use because local host is not working
Who is your web host?
(2013-01-04, 04:43 AM)chillforumsx Wrote: [ -> ]what host name do i use because local host is not working

You can find out the correct host by contacting your hosting or check your config.php file for the correct host.
hostgator.com
(2013-01-06, 03:45 AM)chillforumsx Wrote: [ -> ]hostgator.com

Did you check the config.php file and I just remembered this, did you try your sites IP?

Edited

[Image: 1KcN4]

I found out your host.

It's "gator1235.hostgator.com" without the quotations.

I don't know if it is safe or not to post the host so if you need it removed just let me know.
wow kams your my hero man
Pages: 1 2