MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked and now no access to Banning portion of Admin Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was hoping that I would be able to figure out what was changed and that I could fix my own issues but unfortunately I'm at the point where I need help.

I've been running MyBB 1.6.9 and my forum ended up getting hacked. Fortunately they didn't do much damage and I was able to correct all of the issues EXCEPT I can't access the banning portion of the administrator panel. When I go to the users portion, click on options, and click on "Ban user" it then gives me this error:

"Access Denied
You do not have permission to access this part of the administration control panel."

I can still ban using Mod CP or Goodbye Spammer but I would love to have this resolved. What permissions and/or mybb files control the permissions for this? Any help is greatly appreciated, hope you all had a great New Year!
go tot he users and groups page and then the admin permissions link and click your account and set the permissions you want to have
The admin permissions all look correct and I don't see an option for banning at all.
under the permissions page, look at users and group tab and find "Can manage User Bans?"
Nevermind, I greatly appreciate all of the help pavemen! I was able to use my backup administrator account and correct all of the permissions in admin permissions for my main admin account. Thanks again Smile You may disregard what I typed below, I left it there for reference in case someone else runs into this issue.

Oops, I just realized I was looking at the permissions under Groups --> Administrators.

Unfortunately "Banning" and "Admin Permissions" both denied me permissions from accessing them and the only way I can actually try getting to them is by manually typing in the module name due to them also missing from the clickable list in between User Titles and Mass Mail as you can see in the image below.

[attachment=28185]