MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: phpBB's announcement functionality...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I think the phpBB's announcement functionality should be added in 1.8, I think it's a good feature, and I would like to see it be added.

So you make an announcement or global announcement and still be able to post replies to it. So it's basically a normal topic and when your making your topic where it says Moderator Options right under it where it says stick topic, there should be a spot where it says announcement and under that it should say global announcement and says announcement for that category and global announcement for and announcement for all of the forums. Then where you made the post, when you take the global announcement down, it will be in the forum, and who ever posted last it will go with the other topics. So if someone posted on it yesterday then there's more topics where the last post was yesterday then it will blend in with them.

[Image: kcZHO.png]
[Image: 3UXkz.png]
That would require a whole rewrite to the announcements system, I don't see that happening in 1.8.
(2013-01-04, 08:26 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That would require a whole rewrite to the announcements system, I don't see that happening in 1.8.

Maybe in 2.0?
So you may as well just have a thread tool that makes a post an announcement.
It's one of the few good functions phpBB has; I can't think of another package that has this feature. In essence though you could technically nuke announcements.php and move this functionality into showthread.php.
(2013-01-04, 09:09 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]So you may as well just have a thread tool that makes a post an announcement.

Or just copy PhPBB announcement functionality...
(2013-01-27, 11:25 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-04, 09:09 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]So you may as well just have a thread tool that makes a post an announcement.

Which would take significant effort to port to MyBB. Too much for a feature release.
(2013-01-28, 12:17 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-27, 11:25 PM)MYBB GHOST Wrote: [ -> ]

Which would take significant effort to port to MyBB. Too much for a feature release.

In 4.0
What do you mean by 'in 4.0'?
(2013-01-28, 12:35 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean by 'in 4.0'?

lol, in MyBB 4.0
Pages: 1 2 3 4