MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Move Signature box down
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello again guys

Right I have read through so many threads on signatures I have now managed to confuse myself, which trust me isn't the hardest thing to do.

Right the problem

when a user posts a thread there signature is directly under there last piece of text and i was wondering if there is a way of moving it down by a couple of spaces as i think it looks untidy being that close plus its a bit difficult to tell where the text ends and the signature starts.

Any help would me much appreciated as always

Thanks in advance Wil

Example:

http://crazy-bikers.co.uk/Thread-BSA-Ban...258#pid258
Yes, I add an extra table row on the postbit and chuck the sig in there. It is one of the first edits I make on a theme.
Thanks but where do i find this file so I can edit it?? also how do you add the table row(im assuming its a code document i need to change)
in your templates, postbit classic or postbit.

make an extra tr and move the signature variable into it.
Thanks to Leefish for your help.

I must be doing something wrong as when I tried different variables of doing this it just moved the signature all over the place except down a bit (my fault)

Never mind will just leave it, don't want to do something I cant then fix. Thanks again for trying to help me im just not that to sure on using code.
Well, I would give you my postbit but it is VERY modded.

I will see if I can make you a variant in the default theme
If you could do that or even just the snippet of the code as it should be for me just to paste in and where it should that would be ideal. As said not very good with code
Here you go - for classic postbit:

{$ignore_bit}
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder" style="{$post_extra_style} {$post_visibility}" id="post_{$post['pid']}">
	<tr>
		<td class="{$altbg}" width="15%" valign="top" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center;"><a name="pid{$post['pid']}" id="pid{$post['pid']}"></a> {$post['onlinestatus']}
		<strong><span class="largetext">{$post['profilelink']}</span></strong> <br />
		<span class="smalltext">
			{$post['usertitle']}<br />
			{$post['userstars']}
			{$post['groupimage']}
			{$post['useravatar']}<br />
			{$post['user_details']}
		</span>
	</div></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" valign="top">
<table width="100%">
			<tr><td><div class="float_right">{$post['posturl']}</div>
			<br />
			<div id="pid_{$post['pid']}" style="padding: 5px 0 5px 0;">
				{$post['message']}

</div>
			{$post['attachments']}
		</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr><td class="{$altbg}"><span class="smalltext">{$post['iplogged']}</span></td><td class="{$altbg}">{$post['signature']}</td></tr>
<tr>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="white-space: nowrap; text-align: center; vertical-align: middle;"><span class="smalltext">{$post['postdate']} </span></td>
	<td class="{$altbg}" style="vertical-align: middle;">
		<table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">
			<tr valign="bottom">
				<td align="left" class="author_buttons"><span class="smalltext" style="white-space: no-wrap;" id="edited_by_{$post['pid']}">{$post['editedmsg']}</span></td>
				<td align="right" class="post_management_buttons">{$post['button_edit']}{$post['button_quickdelete']}{$post['button_multiquote']}{$post['button_report']}{$post['button_warn']}{$post['button_reply_pm']}{$post['button_replyall_pm']}{$post['button_forward_pm']}{$post['button_delete_pm']}</td>
			</tr>
		</table>
	</td>
</tr>
</table>
Thanks Leefish

Sorry not been on for a while had some issues to deal with