MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Themes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for some feedback on a design I've been working on. It's not a theme release or anything, just for a project. Smile

http://i5.minus.com/im2zf2oj7cnOe.png
Beautiful. Smile
I have no ideas for improvements.
Very nice design. Liked it much.
I only thing I didn't like in the logo font.

Is it going to be a new design site?
(2013-01-04, 07:38 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Very nice design. Liked it much.
I only thing I didn't like in the logo font.

Is it going to be a new design site?

Not exactly. All the themes will still be sold on Audentio, this site will just be for MyBB users specifically to keep up with things like theme releases and bug fixes.
So it's basically Audentio's MyBB blog...
I guess you could look at it that way. Though I'm not really interested in feedback on the site idea, just the theme. xD
Nice design elements. Think it's good conceptually, but some things need work.
  • The image slider should be bigger, can't make out any theme details at this size
  • Request a quote button doesn't stand out much
  • Log in/Register should be part of top menu (also, log in and register for what? Is this an Audentio account? Needs clearer communication)
  • The posts column feels out of alignment with everything else due to the date taking up the space
Well I had some positive comments to say about the site idea, but I will stick to just the design.

I really like it. That shade of blue is my favourite colour xD

I personally think the logo could be better, not really the design as such, but it's too curly for me and reminds me of the coca cola logo lol.

I also feel the log in/register seems a bit out of place/on its own, but having said that I can't actually think of any better ideas myself at the moment.

But good job, keep it up!
(2013-01-04, 07:56 PM)brad-t Wrote: [ -> ]Nice design elements. Think it's good conceptually, but some things need work.
  • The image slider should be bigger, can't make out any theme details at this size
  • Request a quote button doesn't stand out much
  • Log in/Register should be part of top menu (also, log in and register for what? Is this an Audentio account? Needs clearer communication)
  • The posts column feels out of alignment with everything else due to the date taking up the space

Well, the slider is just a quick view at the themes, when you click the name you'll be taken to a live demo of the site (In a new tab). But it was originally smaller, fmb suggested (And re-sized it for me) the same thing.

The logged in view will be different, and take up more space. So really moving it to the top bar means it would be that much harder to make responsive. I agree it's not the best place for it, but it fills in some white-space that looked bad before.

I'll have to take a look at how I can specify that it's a separate log in from Audentio. Or maybe even talk with Mike about integrating log-ins (Doubt this will happen though).

The posts section is on an 8-column layout. The first one is the date, and last two are the category section. So the actual post is getting 5/8 columns.

(2013-01-04, 07:57 PM)ESR360 Wrote: [ -> ]Well I had some positive comments to say about the site idea, but I will stick to just the design.

I really like it. That shade of blue is my favourite colour xD

I personally think the logo could be better, not really the design as such, but it's too curly for me and reminds me of the coca cola logo lol.

I also feel the log in/register seems a bit out of place/on its own, but having said that I can't actually think of any better ideas myself at the moment.

But good job, keep it up!

It's the infamous Lobster font, but I felt it added a nice touch to the design. Fmb helped me a lot with the typography side of things, and I think it turned out nice personally. xD

Thanks for the feedback guys, really appreciate it.
hello,
Excellent job!, I like it, And the color combination so nice..
but i think you need to add 5 color to your page to make it more interesting
keep it upSmile
Pages: 1 2