MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is PHP 5.3.19 compatiable with MYBB 1.6.9 ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw that php 5.4 was not supported by MYBB yet.

So i decided to ask before upgrade to 5.3.19 from 5.3.6

My forum is currently running on IIS with PHP 5.3.6

Microsoft web platform installer shows me that PHP 5.3.19 is available

if i upgrade my PHP to 5.3.19 would i encounter any problems ?

thank you
MyBB works fine on PHP 5.3, it's only PHP >= 5.4 which you'll experience issues with. The PHP 5.4 issues have been fixed in MyBB 1.6.10.
You'll be fine if you update php. 5.3.20 is the latest release but IIS only supports 5.3.19 ATM I assume.
(2013-01-05, 01:28 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB works fine on PHP 5.3, it's only PHP >= 5.4 which you'll experience issues with. The PHP 5.4 issues have been fixed in MyBB 1.6.10.

I thought those issues were patched a long time ago. Glad I saw this, because I was probably going to upgrade php soon too.
(2013-01-05, 06:37 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-05, 01:28 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB works fine on PHP 5.3, it's only PHP >= 5.4 which you'll experience issues with. The PHP 5.4 issues have been fixed in MyBB 1.6.10.

I thought those issues were patched a long time ago. Glad I saw this, because I was probably going to upgrade php soon too.

You can always disable those warnings from being displayed in the ACP. That's what I did.
I didn't remember the issues well enough to know whether or not to just disable errors, or whether it would actually break something.

I just want to upgrade before 5.3 goes EOL in March, other than that, it's not much of a rush.
(2013-01-05, 09:07 PM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't remember the issues well enough to know whether or not to just disable errors, or whether it would actually break something.

I just want to upgrade before 5.3 goes EOL in March, other than that, it's not much of a rush.

It's just PHP complaining about variables which may or may not exist. It's safe to disable them from showing and just log them, it's generally recommended for production servers.
Also note that if you are using PHP 5.4 and have errors set to be emailed to you, you're going to have a bad time. I found that out the hard way...