MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHP 5.4.8 - Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Image 1 is an attempt of me trying to utilize the built in backup feature, it will return obfuscated text and then fail to send a backup. I'm thinking this could be a missing apache module, but with the errors as well, I'm not too certain.

Image 2 is an attempt of me trying to export a template, it's not obfuscated but appeals it's generating the template fields within the page.

I have root access to the machine, this was an issue in 1.6.8 as well, I have manually re-uploaded the admin directory to make sure no files were corrupt, this had no effect. I'm having to manually backup via mysql command line.

The other reports I read of unsupported PHP versions didn't appear to have this sort of "damage" they weren't cutting functionality, I google'd around a bit and found that one of the errors was fixed on the forums via a magic_quotes trick, however magic quotes have been completely removed in php version 5.4.8.

Thanks, and if you need any further info, please let me know.
AS far as I know, MyBB 1.6.x is not compatible with php 5.4. Ask your host if there is the option to use 5.3.
(2013-01-06, 09:51 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]AS far as I know, MyBB 1.6.x is not compatible with php 5.4. Ask your host if there is the option to use 5.3.

Alright, is it suggested to roll back that far though? The latest stable release of php is 5.4.10, is this only temporary as the mybb development team is working on the large release of mybb 2.0?

There doesn't appear to have been any security related releases since the old stable 5.3.20, so it shouldn't be that big of a problem.

Thanks for the information!
PHP 5.4 support is actually coming in 1.6.10 I believe. Wink
Yes, 1.6.9 does not support PHP 5.4.x - the highest we support is 5.3.x. MyBB 1.6.10 will bring full PHP 5.4 support.
(2013-01-06, 04:36 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]PHP 5.4 support is actually coming in 1.6.10 I believe. Wink

(2013-01-06, 04:50 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, 1.6.9 does not support PHP 5.4.x - the highest we support is 5.3.x. MyBB 1.6.10 will bring full PHP 5.4 support.

Thank you.