MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Attachment bug
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems that files that are attached to posts that have been cancelled are still registered as having been uploaded, even though they don't show in the UserCP. Just take a look at the screenshot below:

[Image: attachmentbugbv9.th.png]

I've noticed this bug happening in this [the MyBB Community] forum, but I haven't tested it anywhere else yet. Those mysterious ghost attachments happened when I cancelled several posts that have had files attached to them. @_@
They should show up when you search for Orphan Attachments in the Admin CP. You can delete them there.
Ah, so attachments are uploaded before the post is submitted? Weird. I would have thought it would be more like Gmail where the attachment isn't uploaded until the message is submitted. I redo posts all the time, and though this is the first time I'd had to attach anything, I expect something like this might happen again in the future. =/

I don't suppose there's any way to automate the deletion of orphan attachments? No? Would have been nice if there was — it'd mean less work for the admins. =^^=

-P.S.- I apologize to the MyBB admins who'll have to delete those 3 orphans of mine. I didn't realize that that would happen. =/
Yes, the attachments are saved before the post is submitted because we need to store the attachments (and their meta data) somewhere before the post is even made (think of those uploading multiple attachments per post).

There is actually meant to be some code to automatically delete unassigned attachments after 24 hours (and no post being made) and we should probably also show them in the attachment manager.