MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Joining Group Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way to have an application or multiple applications for group join requests? So, basically, can you include more fields than just "reasons"? At a basic level it'd be nice to be able to do that for all groups as a default, at a more advanced level it'd be nice to have a custom application form for each group which allows joining requests. Smile
(2013-01-07, 10:12 PM)elyseston Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to have an application or multiple applications for group join requests? So, basically, can you include more fields than just "reasons"? At a basic level it'd be nice to be able to do that for all groups as a default, at a more advanced level it'd be nice to have a custom application form for each group which allows joining requests. Smile

Not sure what you mean .... is it you wish new users to be able to join a group at registration or something else ?
So when someone submits a request to join a group, there's a "reasons" field.

I'm wondering if I could add custom fields so that there's a more complete application type thing to join a group where I can ask custom questions, etc.

Is that more clear? Smile
You'd need a custom plugin. There currently isn't any way to do this.
(2013-01-07, 10:21 PM)elyseston Wrote: [ -> ]So when someone submits a request to join a group, there's a "reasons" field.

I'm wondering if I could add custom fields so that there's a more complete application type thing to join a group where I can ask custom questions, etc.

Is that more clear? Smile

ok so you want to promote users ... is this at registration or after registration ?
He's asking for a basically an application form under where you go to submit join group request. There is currently no way as Nathan said. Unless you find someone to make a plugin for it.
Got it. Thank you just wanted to check Big Grin