MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [REQUEST] Multiple account login detector
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Some users having more then one account so I guess we need a Multiple account login detector is it possible
Well the tools exists to check any user but are you asking for something automatted? In admincp you can set how many accounts a single IP address can have.

Admincp > Settings Change > User Registration and Profile Options >Maximum Registrations Per IP Address

I am not sure what mybb allows as for multiple accounts on a single email but email addresses are easy to come by. So in a sense mybb already has tools for this.
You can get lots of mails from many free mail domains and also when you shutdown your modem you can cahnge your IP

Well this can be cookie based when a user logins with a different nick a pm can be send showning which usernames he/she is using
Any idea
Cookies can be deleted.
Yeah but mostly nobody deletes cookies.

Well I have also another forum running other payed bulletin board and has a plugin which detects the people who uses 2 or 3 nick and informs the admin via PM

I would like to have the same for mybb if the codes will be helpfull I can support them
Oktay Wrote:Yeah but mostly nobody deletes cookies.

I just use another browser...makes it even EASIER.

Oktay Wrote:Well I have also another forum running other payed bulletin board and has a plugin which detects the people who uses 2 or 3 nick and informs the admin via PM

Doubtful it's actually effective. As I said..mybb by default has some features to check this already. There is nothing you can really add to stop someone from opening 2 accounts. NOTHING!
You can also already search for users who've registered or posted with the same ip at any time.
A while ago I made a plugin that basically finds "clones" based on the user logging in, and a cookie placed on the computer.

It was made for MyBB 1.1.x, and as it is not an official release I will give no support for it (ie. you make the modifications yourself to make it work).

Redistribution of any part of this plugin or as a whole is strictly prohibited. License. No support whatsoever.
How does it work I mean how does the plugin inform admin
Pages: 1 2