MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Converting from SMF to MyBB?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a converter for this?
No converter yet.

SMF -> phpBB -> MyBB is the only way to convert.
xiaozhu Wrote:No converter yet.

SMF -> phpBB -> MyBB is the only way to convert.

ah okay that will do... thankies!
I wish we had an SMF converter too. Talk to crakter...he has made a couple converters and is a good coder.
ah, now where do I find the phpBB-> MyBB converter?
WeAreWriters Wrote:ah, now where do I find the phpBB-> MyBB converter?
http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=8681
I guess this sounds like a terribly silly question, but what if I don't have a database for my forums?

Did anyone else own an SMF for free forums? Because they don't give us the database- we just sign up for the forum online and the forum is made there and then...
well there is a way, where do u host your smf board.

1. does smf provide.

2. or anyother thrid party.
vinoth Wrote:well there is a way, where do u host your smf board.

1. does smf provide.

2. or anyother thrid party.

SMF provides it, I believe. Not entirely sure tho... Or I think by the general SMF...
I noticed there is SMF, then there is SMF for free. I cant figure out the difference because their both for free O.o
I'm joining the support forums of SMF and going to ask there, though I'm having problems joining at the moment :@
If you're hosted by one of those services like InvisionFree, or CreateMyBB, you're probably not likely to be able to get a copy of your database (or unless you pay for it). Then there's no way to directly import all your existing users/posts/etc.

There's a difference between the SMF and the 'hosted SMF' just like MyBB and CreateMyBB. SMF and MyBB are downloadable software, and you upload it to your webhost to use. You have full control over your board including the database. On the other hand, the 'hosted SMF,' CreateMyBB, InvisionFree, all host the board for you, and they have the control over the database contents.
Pages: 1 2