MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CTRL shortcuts (b, i, u, etc) no longer work on updated 1.6.9 Editor?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really loved being able to push Ctrl+I to automatically make the <I></I> brackets appear around text I highlighted. Seems like the latest update, which fixed the editor in Firefox has also removed this feature. Any way to bring this feature back? Maybe some code I can just replace?

Thanks!
Am I explaining this incorrectly? The function that's missing is one that both VB and MyBB have had for a while on their editors.

When you are typing, if you press the control button on your keyboard along with either i, b, or u... it will automatically Italicize, Bold, or Underline instantly. Great for on the fly typing and coding once you're used to those functions, and very missed once they're gone.

How do I get it back? It was working in the editor before the recent upgrade to 6.9
I've never noticed such a feature... It's not something I believe we implemented intentionally. If it's not working then there's not much you can do. The fix in 1.6.9 fixes a large issue with the editor breaking in Firefox. Either you'll have to revert back to the editor from 1.6.8 or live without it.