MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Macro or Script to...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a macro or script that can do the following:

1. Visits a Member's Referrals page
  2. Grabs the Posts, and Online Time of each referred member.
  3. Stores it into a file like Google Spreadsheet

Because I'm trying to calculate the total/average amount of posts that ALL the referred members have made and their average online time and such.

Note: Can't use a plugin and such, needs to be done from a user side and not the admin side. I really don't want to grab the data of 470+ members manually.

Thanks,
iHydra
Why can't you do it from the admin side? It would take only a single query (probably) of the database to return all information
(2013-01-09, 10:05 AM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]Why can't you do it from the admin side? It would take only a single query (probably) of the database to return all information

Because I'm a regular user on one of this forums. I started coding it in Javascript asking for the UID and then grabbing the data but need to figure out a easier way to get the 470 UIDs and also implementing them into the script to use.
(2013-01-09, 12:43 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]Because I'm a regular user on one of this forums. I started coding it in Javascript asking for the UID and then grabbing the data but need to figure out a easier way to get the 470 UIDs and also implementing them into the script to use.

Have you gotten permission from the owner to do that? Querying 470+ pages as a user wouldn't be very nice to their server, especially if you're going to be running this more than once or at regular intervals.

If you're fairly comfortable with the owner, you might want to just create a plugin that does what you need and offer it to him, though that relies entirely on trust between both parties and requires the owner to share your ideas enough to want that feature.
(2013-01-09, 01:02 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-09, 12:43 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]Because I'm a regular user on one of this forums. I started coding it in Javascript asking for the UID and then grabbing the data but need to figure out a easier way to get the 470 UIDs and also implementing them into the script to use.

Have you gotten permission from the owner to do that? Querying 470+ pages as a user wouldn't be very nice to their server, especially if you're going to be running this more than once or at regular intervals.

If you're fairly comfortable with the owner, you might want to just create a plugin that does what you need and offer it to him, though that relies entirely on trust between both parties and requires the owner to share your ideas enough to want that feature.

Owners don't mind but wouldn't it be running it off of my computer and connection?

Because what I was thinking is that it will visit the page and extract content and then write it onto the Spreadsheet in Google Drive.
(2013-01-09, 03:01 PM)iHydra Wrote: [ -> ]Owners don't mind but wouldn't it be running it off of my computer and connection?

Because what I was thinking is that it will visit the page and extract content and then write it onto the Spreadsheet in Google Drive.

It'll still be making connections to their servers. You would be making 470 simultaneous connections to their site in order to extract the data, which means their servers would be running whatever database queries they have on those pages 470 times.