MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Do you have over 3k Twitter followers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to get some traffic into my forums and so I'm looking for a few people who have got quite a large following on twitter. I'd like for you to advertise my forum once a week for a month in return for a small fee per tweet. Let me know if you're interested.
I doubt anyone would be willing to subject their followers to spam for a month, and if they are willing, they'll quickly lose those followers.
This would only work if the person liked your product, then they'd pay. Get your own twitter and post cool stuff then advertise. Smile
i understand it could be spam but im just trying to find ways to get traffic flowing through my forum.
(2013-01-09, 12:54 PM)Beardy Wrote: [ -> ]I doubt anyone would be willing to subject their followers to spam for a month, and if they are willing, they'll quickly lose those followers.

Isn't that what a lot of Twitter is all about. I think 4 tweets won't kill anyone.
(2013-01-10, 10:31 AM)labrocca Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't that what a lot of Twitter is all about. I think 4 tweets won't kill anyone.

Depends entirely on the content of the tweet in relation to your regular content I guess. If the account has been pretty inactive recently and you're suddenly posting the same tweet each week, it could trigger people to reassess their decision to follow you.
How many of those are active or real accounts though Philly? You don't really get many retweets or users tweeting to that account.
(2013-01-14, 09:56 PM)Xanth Wrote: [ -> ]How many of those are active or real accounts though Philly? You don't really get many retweets or users tweeting to that account.

I just did a quick search and this came up. https://twitter.com/GMindotus/status/288979082560016384

Care to explain that?

I checked through his followers and it's mostly follow-back (he's following more people than people that follow him) or from some following service.
(2013-01-14, 10:23 PM)Jason L. Wrote: [ -> ]I just did a quick search and this came up. https://twitter.com/GMindotus/status/288979082560016384

Care to explain that?

Not sure if you're asking me or you're quoting me to bounce off of what I said...
Pages: 1 2