MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users receiving mail for a new reply
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw on many forums that when you reply on a topic and then another user reply to that topic you receive an email saying that someone replied on that specific topic and a link. Is that possible on MyBB 1.6 too ?
I believe this is what you're looking for.

User CP > Edit Options > Default Thread Subscription Mode > Instant email notification
Thank you!

And how can I make that to activated by default to all the users?
Up! Can anyone help me?
Try this method:

(2012-01-05, 01:16 PM)Fábio Maia Wrote: [ -> ]Run this SQL query to set all existing users to the same thread subscription mode:

UPDATE `mybb_users` SET `subscriptionmethod` = 'X';

Change X to the value of the subscription method. 0 corresponds to "Do not subscribe", 1 corresponds to "No email notification" and 2 corresponds to "Instant email notification".
How to run SQL query? Sorry but I never did this before...
In your host control panel, there should be a link to phpMyAdmin, your host will be able to tell you exactly where it is if you're unsure. When you're in there, you'll see a list of databases on the left, choose yours. You'll then get a long list of tables, and along the top of the page, some tabs. Click the one called SQL, and you'll see a box. Paste the query in, make sure it's all there, and then press Go.

Some assumptions: your tables prefix is mybb. You need to change the query as jovan explained in his post.
Well the problem is that my website is hosted on a Virtual Private Server and I don't have a cPanel License (it costs 27 euros per month). So how can I do this without using cPanel?
Do you have phpmyadmin? Who is your host? Ask the host.