MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: URGENT: My website using mybb forum is hacked today
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2013-01-12, 05:49 PM)StingReay Wrote: [ -> ]Shoutbox -- probably safe; MyShoutbox is developed by Pirata. Toungue

Just because a plugin is developed by a good coder doesn't mean it's safe. One of his plugins had a vuln. which was patched quickly but the point is that no matter how good you are at coding, you can't make sure that the plugin is 100% safe.
Now my website is working fine Smile.. I even installed shoutbox Smile

I have one question regarding registration security question plugin??? Is this plugin safe to use??? Because only this plugin helped me to control spam... I tried using recaptcha but then again I'm getting spam users...

Can anyone help me which plugin is safe to use for preventing spam...
(2013-01-14, 10:09 PM)gginni Wrote: [ -> ]Now my website is working fine Smile.. I even installed shoutbox Smile

I have one question regarding registration security question plugin??? Is this plugin safe to use??? Because only this plugin helped me to control spam... I tried using recaptcha but then again I'm getting spam users...

There are no known security issues with that plugin.
Can you subscribe to e-mail updates for specific plugins on the mods site?

if not, you should be able to
(2013-01-14, 10:20 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]
(2013-01-14, 10:09 PM)gginni Wrote: [ -> ]Now my website is working fine Smile.. I even installed shoutbox Smile

There are no known security issues with that plugin.

Thanks bro for replying... I'm talking about this plugin

http://mods.mybb.com/view/registration-s...y-question

I have read somewhere that this plugin have some XSS attack issues... Can you please double check that this plugin is safe to use

BTW can you tell me which plugin is best to prevent spam... recaptcha is not controlling spam Sad Sad
Pages: 1 2 3