MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: dont allow posts on a certain topic?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, is there a way i can not allow a post on a certain topic? i dont mean dont allow post in like a category like announcements. on a certain topic only is there a way to not allow posts to that topic only
I believe you need a plugin for that. There's a plugin called hellban in which what ever the user posts can only be seen by themselves and Admins but not a certain thread.
You can always close the thread/topic, right? You don't need a plugin for that. Toungue
(2013-01-09, 11:52 PM)Irreligious Wrote: [ -> ]You can always close the thread/topic, right? You don't need a plugin for that. Toungue

Lol but maybe he wants everyone to post on the thread. Maybe it's an announcement that he wants everyone to reply with their feedback except someone.
even if i close it. somehow my other admins and mods can still post.
Tell them not to.
(2013-01-10, 06:46 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Tell them not to.

Exactly. And if you don't trust them with that task, well... you better not put them in the forum team at all.
There is also this plugin:

http://mybbhacks.zingaburga.com/showthread.php?tid=275

That way the mods etc have no excuse like "I did not know it was closed" - they either click on a closed button to reply or type in a big red quick reply.