MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Advanced Sidebox (1.2) Not Working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed the latest MyBB version 1.6.9 and installed Advanced Sidebox (1.2) and I'm getting this error:

[Image: sidebox-error.jpg]

I don't have any other plugins currently installed and haven't made any changes to templates. The error is occurring no matter which theme I use. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
It is a known issue that has been addressed in the last GitHub update. You can download it here until I get it pushed to the mods site.
(2013-01-10, 12:29 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]It is a known issue that has been addressed in the last GitHub update. You can download it here until I get it pushed to the mods site.

Thanks for the prompt reply. I installed the update and I'm no longer getting an error, however, the boxes still aren't showing up.
I can't understand why the sideboxes wouldn't display. No reports of that have been made at all.

Can you give me any other info? Are you on localhost or a live site? Link? Which boxes are you using? Which scripts?
My site is live here: http://iTalkStephenville.com. I have the Sidebox settings all set to default and haven't added any scripts to my site. It's a fresh installation and all I've done is install a few themes. The plugins page says the plugin was installed successfully.

Also, I don't see where to select which boxes to use. Maybe that's the problem. Is there another configuration page? The only one I see is the one that lets me select which pages to display the boxes on, which themes to exclude, etc.

Ah, I just found the other settings. I apologize, I haven't used MyBB for a few years and am still finding my way around again. Thanks for the help!

I just wanted to let you know that I got everything working and the Sideboxes look awesome. Thanks so much for your hard work.

Cheers!
Believe it or not I actually thought about asking if you'd added any sideboxes but thought better of it :p

I'm glad you like it and if you have any further troubles don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers
(2013-01-10, 02:09 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]Believe it or not I actually thought about asking if you'd added any sideboxes but thought better of it :p

I'm glad you like it and if you have any further troubles don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers

Yeah, I did a serious facepalm when I saw the other config page hehe. I really love this mod, by the way. The improvements you made over the old school Sideboxes are fantastic. It's all so configurable and user friendly. Thanks again!
I am working on some improvements now for 1.3 . . . stay tuned Big Grin
(2013-01-10, 02:14 AM)Wildcard Wrote: [ -> ]I am working on some improvements now for 1.3 . . . stay tuned Big Grin

Awesome! Will do! Big Grin