MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question about changing forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i have ipboard forum. and i want to change it to mybb because i like mybb.

So is there is way to save all the topics and posts and members.
please let me know.
thanks.
You have to use a merge system. Check here: http://www.mybb.com/downloads/merge-system

Quote:Presently the MyBB Merge System (1.6.7) allows you to import bulletin boards that are running:

Invision Power Board 2.1, 2.2, or 2.3
(...)
Problem is that the MyBB Merge System has been out of date for a while, so if I remember correctly, the Merge System didn't transfer everything quite as it is supposed to.

You may need to convert to another software, then to MyBB. But I admit, I don't keep that up to date with the Merge System, so it may work well enough for you.
(2013-01-10, 01:35 AM)Josh H. Wrote: [ -> ]Problem is that the MyBB Merge System has been out of date for a while, so if I remember correctly, the Merge System didn't transfer everything quite as it is supposed to.

You may need to convert to another software, then to MyBB. But I admit, I don't keep that up to date with the Merge System, so it may work well enough for you.

so basically there is no way right.
I don't know if what Josh says is true, I haven't personally tried it. But assuming it is, you might want to convert to phpBB, then to MyBB and see if that is any better.