MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problem communicating with the myBB server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I'm new to myBB. I was using myPHPBB but its a pain. I wanted something easier to work with. I have installed myBB and have a very basic starting of a forum up however the software update and modification servers don't seem to be reachable.

I get the message "There was a problem communicating with the MyBB modifications version server. Please try again in a few minutes." Tried waiting but have never been able to connect.

myBB version 1.6.8
PHP Version 5.2.17
SQL Engine MySQLi 5.1.30

Site URL alphastrike.co

I've tried disabling my firewall but still not working. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. I'm sure I'll be asking lots more questions.
Could you check your PHP info and see if curl is enabled? ACP > Tools & maintenance > PHP Info.
Says enabled. Here is the cURL information libcurl/7.18.2 OpenSSL/0.9.8g zlib/1.2.3.3 libidn/1.8 libssh2/0.18
Still having a problem with this. Can anyone confirm that the server is working? Does anyone have any other suggestions?
It must be your server. Our servers are up and running smoothly. Check that you can perform a curl request to mods.mybb.com.
ask your host.
even, LibCurl has been installed does not mean set on your hosting package.
(2013-01-16, 05:38 AM)FBI Wrote: [ -> ]ask your host.
even, LibCurl has been installed does not mean set on your hosting package.

Send a support ticket to your host as FBI suggested.
Yes I just did. I read a post somewhere that they may need to enable outgoing connections for my account. We'll see.