MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: There are only 117 Subscribers to MyBB Blog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Isn't the MyBB blog THE way to be notified of security updates?

I am asking because I want to make sure I am notified. Thanks
Yes.
It is now as the mailing list was removed about 6 months ago. There's also your forum ACP, if you visit it daily. We're making it more obvious when updates are available in 1.8.

Note that even though there are only 117 subscribers to the blog, many others follow the blog RSS feed. We should probably bring up a security mailing list when we launch the new site but there hasn't been much discussion about that.
(2013-01-10, 06:48 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]It is now as the mailing list was removed about 6 months ago. There's also your forum ACP, if you visit it daily. We're making it more obvious when updates are available in 1.8.

Note that even though there are only 117 subscribers to the blog, many others follow the blog RSS feed. We should probably bring up a security mailing list when we launch the new site but there hasn't been much discussion about that.
Real good to know all of that. For now I'm satisifed to know I'm signed up through the blog for immediate email notification of security updates. Thanks!

(2013-01-10, 06:47 PM)Euan T. Wrote: [ -> ]Yes.
And thank you too!