MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [1.8] [suggestion] Language choice permissions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

While I was setting up my board, I was thinking it would be so much better for real localization if we could also choose what forums and categories to display based on the users's language choice.

This could be done from the forum management interface, with a special additional option, something like a multiple select box 'Make content available for': [All languages], English... and so on, depending on what you have installed on your boards.

Of course, this would also beg the question: what if the user wants to see all content, regardless of the language choice? This could be left for Administrators to decide or an option in the user cp could be added: 'Show all content, regardless of language choice, English Only, etc.' (select box or smth | could be useful for bilingual moderators, sm, admins).
I know this feature exists on WoltLab's forums, not sure about burning Board as a whole though.
This would be a good feature for big boards that have users from different counties, not so for smaller board it would just be another option that they will either know and not use or not understand its use and wreak their board thus making a whole load of support threads. I therefore think this would be better as a plugin. IMO

Adding to your suggestion perhaps having a category called translations or similar then a sub category called the language then the forums in that language with in it. This will always be done automatically and the users can minimise the category if they don't want to see the translations.