MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hacked Or Error?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yesterday Some1 hacked my admin a.c and changed the password and email of id.. and today i see this error in my forum.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1146 - Table 'ltsworld_aix3hedios39.mybb_users' doesn't exist
Query:
SELECT u.*, f.* FROM mybb_users u LEFT JOIN mybb_userfields f ON (f.ufid=u.uid) WHERE u.uid='18' LIMIT 1

Can some one help me whats wrong please...
Your user table was deleted, that's definitely no error. Make sure you are corrected to the correct database, go to inc/config.php and check the settings there.

If the settings there are correct and the error still appears your users table has been dropped. You'll need a backup of the database, or to start fresh in that case.
But how did he delete my mybb_users table.. yes i found that he deleted that table.. But how could he delete only users table but not others?
It's a simple query to drop the mybb_users table. You can execute it through PhpMyadmin (or a webpage). Do you have any backups?
Yes i got My backup.. I knew smthing was wrong yesterday.. so i did a backup.. Thanks anyways.. So how do i avoid that query in future?
The only way to avoid them deleting anything from your database is to ensure they cannot access Phpmyadmin.

I'd contact your host and explain that you were believed you were hacked and have them review the problem. Run a virus scan and make sure there is nothing on your computer (I recommend Malwarebytes), and then make sure to keep things such as passwords very secure. That's all you really can do.
(2013-01-11, 04:55 AM)Cherry Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i got My backup.. I knew smthing was wrong yesterday.. so i did a backup.. Thanks anyways.. So how do i avoid that query in future?

Change your cPANEL log in password would help and that of your ACP log in too.